Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/01/07

Realisations

Hi one and all, CS;
Just wanted to let you know that my psychiatrist is making arrangement for me with regards to the meds and will be getting them today, she is rather concerned that I will sink back to where I was a while back, apparently doing a lot better.
Btw thanks for all the advice yesterday, I have taken it to heed, being sober makes one see things a hell of a lot more clearly. I can feel that I am more or less becoming the person I want to be at home, my place is immaculately neat now, always which is wasn't for some time, it always looked like a tornado had gone through the place, but I suppose that happens when you stop caring.
I have realised that I do have to, as Shaun said, give the problems, issues back to those that have them and not take on that stress, I have done that to some extent. I even told the bf if it happens again or he treats me as though I am a sneaky cheating person, then I will assume he is and it will be over because I no longer want to be caught/trapped in a relationship without respect. We will work together to build the trust for each other again.
I have also realised that the problems I have that I can not change, I will have to accept and let be, things will either fix themselves or in time will come to a point and I will eventually overcome it.
Anyway I want to wish everyone a wonderful day, filled with blessings and joy. I although still rather down am determined to have a good day.
Take Care.

Well done BT, ( and BT's psychiatrist !),
yes, being sober, while uncomfortable at first, is a huge advantage. You can never truly cope with anything if you can only see it through a fog of booze. And it's never a useful hiding place, because whatever troubles you is always lurking there in that fog. But when clear headed one can both see that some of the monsters, nasty though they are, are never as overwhelming as the seem in the foggy dim darkness, and one can plan rationally and effectively to deal with them. Yes, not it IS your turn, and at last you're making good use of this chance.

7
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/01/07

Thanks Q and Shaun, you both made me smile, a real one see, not half-hearted.

Thanks Chelle, glad to hear from you, hope you are doing well. It is my aim to start thinking of me and what I want and not everyone else. I found a clipping in the rehab that strangely said's "En toe kom ........ se kans" and the ....... happens to be my name. I had to make a poster of my life and it was while I was there that I decided it was my turn, it took a while but I have definitely changed. I feel kind of stronger than what I was and knowing what has led to my behaviour is interesting. The power adults have over children and the forming of their lives is trememdously scary. I hope my daughter will be okay and that I don't leave any scars, emotional scars on her, that is why suicide is not an option for me anymore. The thoughts are still there, I do not however do anything, don't turn to drink or now hurting myself, almost 2 weeks now......
Feeling happy about this step in the right direction.
Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Chelle | 2005/01/07

I'm glad to hear that you have found a way of resuming the medication - this will help you tremedously. You have what it takes to get through all this - remain focussed on what YOU need out of life, and make sure that the decisions you make are those which will take you to the place you want to be.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Shaun | 2005/01/07

I simply love it when you feel good about yourself!!! I hope those realisations persevere, & I wish you all the strength you need to carry them through.
Well Done BT!!!

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Q | 2005/01/07

O good grief this is good news BT!!!! Well done girl you have turned the bend and from now on you will be more than a concorrer, a winner and a beauty!!!! I am so proud of you!!!

Reply to Q
Posted by: Angel | 2005/01/07

BT,

U r one hell of a good person so glad and fortunate to know u!!
I'm feeling much better today yesterday was bad very bad :)

Take care of yourself and always know u r special !!!!!

Angel

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/01/07

Hi Angel,
Thanks for sharing this with me, it is actually so true and absolutely beautiful. Hope u are doing okay?
You are a real "Angel".
Have a good day my friend and take care
BT

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Angel | 2005/01/07

Hi There,

Don't have a lot of words today but I recieved this sms from a friend of mine and would like to share it with u......

"As long as we have memories, yesterday remains,
As long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits, As long as we have FRIENDS, Each day is never a waste."

Remember will always b there for u.

your friend
Angel

Reply to Angel