Question
Posted by: Kristina | 2004/02/24

Real Shy

I really like this guy and i've met him once before. I am very shy and have subsequently found out that he is also very shy and a bit of a loner. I have thought about asking him out for a drink but being shy really does not help, but I'm preapred to take the risk, i have nothing to lose right? A mutual friend must have told him by now and that makes me even more nervous. He is trying to set something up (a group thing) and that makes me even more nervous. What should I do, ask him for a drink or wait for the party?

Dear Kristina, as you and Jule both say --- what have you got to lose ? The chances are that everything will go smoothly and you'll have a pleasant time together. But even if it turned out to be boring or disappointing, it wouldn't be worse than not meeting him at all, and continuing to wonder what you may have missed. Why not ask him for a drink anyway, and you'll have a second cance at the party ; and if the drink goes well, you'll stat at the party with one more friend.
Gee, we're geting close to February 29th when women are supposed to be encouraged to propose marriage to men --- so asking him for a date should be a far lesser hurdle !

3
Posted by: GG | 2004/02/26

I am also a shy person by nature, but when I met the man of my dreams I made the first move (I phoned him to ask him out!). That was 8 years ago, now we are happily married. I say take that chance!

Good luck.
GG

Reply to GG
Posted by: Qwan | 2004/02/25

NOW THERE WE GO GIRLS MAKE THE FIRST MOVE !!!! Have a glass of wine for the tention and all will be well....

Reply to Qwan
Posted by: Jule | 2004/02/25

Hi Kristina

I am also quite shy but sometimes you have to take a risk cos you do have nothing to lose and you might regret it later. Perhap first you should ask him for drink and find out. If that does'nt work then wait for the party. It does not always mean hes not into you. It could be few reasons or the fact he is too shy. My guess is that the reason he setting up a group is that he is shy and maybe he feels abit more confident around his "group". Everyone gets nervous when they first meet someone they like even the loud or confident people. When you do go to the party just go with a few friends of yours. And you will see from there.... Good Luck.

Reply to Jule