Question
Posted by: posa | 2005/12/14

Re:advise

I feel that my husband and i have no respect for one another. everytime we have an arguement the way we react and behave shows that there is no respect. Many a times we have agreed not to shout whenever the kids are around when we have an argument which i feel is bad for the kids. when we sit down to resolve or talk about our problems we are able to establish what is it that causes the argument and we promise ourselves to work on the areas of our weaknesses. A month or two down the line the same mistakes is repeated by one of us. and this is very disappointing. is it good to go our separate ways coz i feel its not a healthy ground to raise up our kids?.The problem is not the argument coz i know they are inevitable in all relationships but its the lack of respect for one another in general. advise please.

See a marriage counsellor. It sounds as though you both have the right ideas in mind, but are finding it a bit difficult to carry out entirely on your own. Try that, sincerely, before deciding to part.

1
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/14

This is no reason for devorce at all.
Rather seek outside help like Marriage counceling. therapy to help you both control yourselves when in anger.

I think many couples get involved in shouting matches at times. It really is no reason for giving up on marriage.
Rather get to the root of it all.
And dont count out the human factor sumtimes......
Love is allot of forgiving........

Reply to Delene