Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/10

Reading Material: Words of Wisdom!!!

* Don't name a pig you plan to eat.
* Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
* Keep skunks, bankers, politicians and Lawyers at a distance.
* Life is simpler when you plough around the stump.
* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered,,,,,,, not yelled.
* Meanness don't jest happen overnight.
* Forgive your enemies. It mess's up their heads.
* Don't sell your mule to buy a plough.
* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
* It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
* You cannot unsay a cruel word........
* Every path has a few puddles.
* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.....
* Don't squat down with your spurs on.
* Don't judge people by their relatives.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
* Don't interfere with something that ain't botherin' you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* It's better to be a has-been than a never-was.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
* If it don't seem like it's worth the effort, it probably ain't.
* It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
* Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got.
* The biggest trouble maker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you wash their face in the mirror every morning..
* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
* Don't worry about bitin' off more'n you can chew; your mouth is probably a whole lot bigger'n you think.
* Only cows know why they stampede.
* Always drink upstream from the herd.
* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
* You can't tell how good a man or a watermelon is 'till they get thumped'.
* Never, Never..... miss a good opportunity to shut up
* Worry is wasting today's time to clutter up tomorrow's opportunities with yesterday's troubles!

Now, there you go again ! ( as Ronald reagan once said, teasingly, in a Presidential debate ) ! And thank goodnes that you do !

11
Posted by: Michael | 2004/11/10

Shaun

Good 4 you.

Michael

Reply to Michael
Posted by: Muki | 2004/11/10

Shaun keep up the good work regardless of what blackbird and avenging angel say. If your postings irritate them, then they shouldn't read them, simple as that. To me they add a lot of value, that's whay I keep on coming back to the sight.

Reply to Muki
Posted by: Shaun's Fan. | 2004/11/10

Good for you Shaun,ek geniet jou Words of Wisdom en al die wyse antwoorde wat jy altyd gee.

Reply to Shaun's Fan.
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/10

WOW!!! Can I use this as a reference on my resume???

Thanx NLM, you just made my day!!!

& I liked the part you enjoyed as well...

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: NLM | 2004/11/10

Shaun, thanks for the words---although not appreciated by all. Must tell you that i have enjoyed it and made a printout for my staff and they are all reading it now.

To tell you the truth, twice a day i get onto this forum and there are certain people who's postings i just enjoy to read, and one is you and ofcourse the Cybershrink himself===lot of wisdom from both of you.

As a CEO of a large group of companies, i have the attitude that : ANYONE CAN LEARN FROM ANYBODY, IRRESPECTIVE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, TITLE AT WORK, ETC ETC ETC.
so the 30 minutes a day in my 16hour a day shift, is absolutely worth spending on this site.

Lastly, i enjoyed the part that says: the best sermon is lived, not preached.

Reply to NLM
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/10

Come on people, I didn't mean to start an uproar. AA, sorry I'm offending you, & yes I do have a few screws loose, or maybe they're just rusty... You are entitled to your opinion, whatever it might be. I do understand that these posting get irritating sometimes. But never take it for granted that someone else just might need to read something like this, right now.

To everyone else, thank you for your support. Maybe to stop irritating people I'll try find shorter "reading material". Food for thought is meant to be exactly that.

AA, don't worry, I'm not offended, but rather appreciative of your feedback. Straight talk never killed no-one.

Have a great day,
Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/10

Avenging Angel, in case you haven't noticed, you are the one whining now. You're welcome to express your disapproval of something, but to ask Shaun if he is the local wimp just shows your lack of maturity. Stick around though, maybe someone like Shaun can teach you some decorum.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: ec | 2004/11/10

Avenging Angel - i agree with Sharon!
BUT have yourself a good day anyway.....

Reply to ec
Posted by: DBB | 2004/11/10

I enjoy reading the material you post,If you dont like it don't read it
keep it up Shaun most of them you have posted i have printed and given to a few people for them to read and understand what you are saying
DBB

Reply to DBB
Posted by: Sharon | 2004/11/10

Shaun, keep up the good words. I enjoy reading them anyway.

Avenging Angel, when you see that it is "Reading Material" from Shaun, dont read. It is as simple as that. People like you are irratating - not people like Shaun.

Reply to Sharon
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/10

Shaun, I enjoy reading the material you post. Whether CS does is another story, but I am sure that if he thought it was out of line, he would have said so by now.
So, continue - it's good to have positive and provoking thoughts first thing in the morning!

Reply to Chelle