Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/08

Reading Material: The World's Greatest Wrestler

Today I knew I had faced one of the greatest opponents of my entire life. When I looked in their eyes I knew this wasn't going to be an easy battle.

I took a wrestling class in high school, but I never experienced anyone in that class that had the kind of limberness as my current opponent.

In high school when I put someone in a hold it would usually do just that, "hold them." It wasn't working in this case. Whatever hold I tried, somehow they would manage to wiggle loose.

Most times competitions aren't won by the strongest or most limber but by the most determined. I am a pretty determined competitor but this time I had met my match. The more determined I was to hold my opponent, the more determined they were to break free.

I knew what I had to do and they knew what they had to stop me from doing.

I tried to hold their legs with my legs and hold their arms with my hands, but they were just too limber. They flipped their legs out of mine and over their heads and this broke my hold on their arms.

Not only was this my most difficult wrestling match of my life, it was my most embarrassing.

This was not a match at a local gym or competition. This was not in a class or even wrestling in the grass with friends.

You see, my 2-year-old son had sneezed, and I had to wipe his nose with Kleenex. When he saw me coming with the tissue the
match began.

Have a great ya'll,
Shaun

Thanks. Don't drop the tissue

4
Posted by: Wondering | 2004/12/09

Very enjoyable

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: Tracy | 2004/12/08

Thanks for that Shaun. at least u made me smile for the day. Feeling really run down. I always enjoy reading your postings

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Samantha | 2004/12/08

Don't have any kids but thanks for making me smile.

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/12/08

if you have ever been a parent you will understand that one.

tell you a true one. when my 1st was about 14 odd months old we were living in cape town, muizenberg. we use to always go to the beach on weekend. well we all know how 14 month olds can crawl and explore. wel i came up with this bright solution, you got these little harnesses to put todlers in with a strap from the back, very similar to what you would use on dogs, not like a choke chain but anyway. so i got a nice long leach from the petshop, smacked a longist pole into the beach sand and tied the little one to that. he was happy cause he had about a 10 meter circle he could crawl around in and we were happy cause we could sit and relax and not worry he go off and hurt or drown himself. lo and behold about a half an hour later this lady with a female cop rocks up and say to the female cop, look the child abuse, they tied it up like a dog. the female cop just looked at us and smiled and mentioned she also has a 14 month old and thanx for the great idea ...

Reply to blackbird