Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/09

Reading Material: More Than You Want

Much of what you think you need, you can easily do without. Much of what you think you want, you would quickly tire of if you had it. It is great to be inspired and motivated by your desires. Just don't let yourself become imprisoned by them.

When things do not go your way, it's not the end of the world. There is always a way to move forward.

When you fail to get what you want, consider that it just might be a blessing. It's entirely likely that today's disappointment will set the stage for tomorrow's magnificent victory.

In any case, real, lasting fulfillment never comes from merely getting what you want. If you connect happiness and fulfillment only to outside events, you're sure to be chronically disappointed.

Instead, focus on being the best you can be, on how you can make a positive difference in life. And you'll soon have more than you could ever want.

--Ralph Marston--
*~*~*~*~*~*

Life only allows you to move forward because tomorrow you're a new person with past lessons.

Take care,
Shaun

,,,,,

2
Posted by: Liza | 2004/12/09

Great stuff Shaun. Something I'd like to add - have some fun goals in your life - not just the work/career/keeping-up-with-the-joneses ones. Short term goal - I'm redecorating my flat. I love working with my hands and getting them dirty - and then seeing a positive result. Medium term goal - redoing the kitchen(can't afford it right now) Long term goal - get properly stabilized on my medication and a letter from my psychiatrist saying that I'm allowed to skydive again. Then the not-fun goal is working hard enough and studying hard enough so that I get great pay-rises and can actually afford skydiving ;)

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Wondering | 2004/12/09

Beautiful ! if only one can always see everything in a positive light

Reply to Wondering