Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Reading Material: LOVE

Love - a good reflection

When you think of your past love, you may view it as a failure. But when you find a new love, you view the past as a teacher. In the game of love, it doesn't really matter who won or who lost.

What is important is you know when to hold on and when to let go! You know you really love someone when you want him or her to be happy, even if their happiness means that you're not part of it.

Everything happens for the best. If the person you love doesn't love you back, don't be afraid to love someone else again, for you'll never know unless you give it a try. You'll never love a person you love unless you risk for love.

Love strives in hurting. If you don't get hurt, you don't learn how to love.

Love doesn't hurt all the time. Though the hurting is still there to test you, to help you grow.

Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's called falling in love because you don't force yourself to fall. You just fall.

You cannot finish a book without closing it's chapters. If you want to go on, then you have to leave the past as you turn the pages.

Love is not destroyed by a single failure or won by a single caress. It is a lifetime venture in which we are always learning, discovering and growing.

The greatest irony of love is letting go when you need to hold on and holding on when you need to let go.

We lose someone we love only when we are destined to find someone else who can love us even more than we can love ourselves.

On falling out of love, take some time to heal and then get back on the horse. But don't ever make the same mistake of riding the same one that threw you the first time.

To love is to risk rejection, to live is to risk dying, to hope is to risk failure. But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is risk nothing!

To reach for another is to risk involvement, to expose your feelings is to expose true self, to love is to risk not to be loved in return.

How to define love: fall but do not stumble, be constant but not too persistent, share and never be unfair, understand and try not to demand, hurt but never keep the pain.

Love is like a knife. It can stab the heart or it can carve wonderful images into the soul that always last for a lifetime. Love is supposed to be the most wonderful feeling. It should inspire you and give you joy and strength.

But sometimes the things that give you joy can also hurt you in the end.

Loving people means giving them the freedom who they choose to be and where they choose to be. For all the heartaches and the tears, for gloomy days and fruitless years, you should give thanks, for you know, that there were the things that helped you grow.

Loving someone means giving them the freedom to find their way, whether it leads towards you or away from you. Love is a painful risk to take but the risk must be taken no matter how scary or painful, for only then you'll experience the fullness of humanity and that is love.

Only love can hurt your heart, fill you with desire and tear you apart.

Only love can make you cry and only love knows why.

If you're not ready to cry, if you're not ready to take the risk, if you're not ready to feel the pain, then you're not ready to fall in love.

Ah, Shaun, so now it's not only a forum but also a library of worthwhile thoughts. Thanks

13
Posted by: Cat | 2004/10/13

Dear Shaun,

Thanks for your advice. I truly appreciate it. The thing is i shamefully admit i have no experience in romance department at all ! So everything that happens feels like a rush (...to the heart). The weird thing is that i have a lot of guy friends and aquaintances, but none of them have what this one guy that i have a crush on has - this guy is almost everything i look for in a guy and now that i've found him i'm not sure how to let go, even though i know i seriously should let go. He has this inexplicable profound effect on me and to me it feels like more than just physical attraction. I guess i will give it time and see where the waves take me.
Thanks alot Shaun, you are truly inspiring.

Reply to Cat
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/12

Sorry one more thing the first few lines that is what i am doing with my girlfreind i want her to be happy again and i will not be apart of that

thanks again
DBB

Reply to DBB
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/12

Shuan , i must say i feel like sending this to my x girlfreind .better not she may take it the wrong way at the moment . this is so true i can relate to this

thank you
DBB

Reply to DBB
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Really truly flattered, but sorry doll, I'm taken already, head over heels too!!! Thank you.

Know what, given half the chance, I feel certain that you'd be amazed how many guys just like myself are around. As someone once said, I'm not all that you know!!!

Realistically speaking, in the real world, would you even consider that flattering thought... think of that for a while.

Nonetheless, Thank You,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Belle | 2004/10/12

Shaun, marry me ! I didn't know that guys like you existed.
I don't know you, but I think you're wonderful.
There should be more senstive guys like you out there! Life is just not fair.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Ish Bo | 2004/10/12

Shaun I think its brilliant man.Even though they arte not yours bt thank for being so selfless,by sharing it with us.You've made a difference to so many people's lives.

Reply to Ish Bo
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/12

Such beauty. It is wonderful Shaun and thanks for sharing it with us.

Love is a wonderous thing and yes one needs to know when to hold on and when to let go and it is definitely possible to love after being hurt, each love is different, each hurt is different, but one can overcome each and love completely I believe. Love can be painful yes, believe you me the person you hurt the most in life is usually the person you love the most, isn't it strange, but that's why we as humans love so much and hurt so much.

Have a great day.
Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Thanx SP.

But please remember, these are not my words, but words that I really wanted to share with all that come here.
We all need to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes we need to be reminded that that light is within us & we make that light shine as brightly as we want...

Hope you all have a comforting day,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: SP | 2004/10/12

Shaun, I'm impressed. Such profound and wise words. I hope that all who read it, take it to heart.

What has brought about this philosophical guru type nature within you? Whatever it is, I thank you, your words this morning have given me a renewed sense of well being and the courage to face what lies ahead of me.

You and all those who visit this forum with words of encouragement, support and advice (good and bad) are appreciated by me.

Reply to SP
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Yep, I think that is very true. & I'd add, being the perfect partner is about respectfully sharing...

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/12

Ouch, you can go to jail for that!!!!

I read this the other day, which was quite touching: Life is not about finding the perfect partner, its about being the perfect partner... isnt that so true....?

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Hey Mona, have you not heard of cut & paste???

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/12

Do you love typing or what?? Dont you have any pictures to design today?

Reply to Mona