Question
Posted by: Cyber-Shrinka, Yes, it IS me | 2004/12/04

Reading Material : Helpful advice from a Torch

Hi folks,
Yesterday, someone gave me a thingummajig, a torch with a digital clock built-in ! Great idea except, of course, if you want to know the time in the dark, the torch will illuminate anything except the part of itself which tells the time
As usual, the Operating Manual seems to have been written by a North Korean in his home tongue, and translated via Mandarin, by a Japanese translator. Some of its closing comments, I think, bring a message of actually good advice to all of us. They read as follows :
NOTICE : If in normal situation there are phenomenons of low alarm sound ,raucity; time displaying become faint, or the bulb light become dark; it means you need to replacing the batteries. ....
If there is any abnormal phenomenons ,please ask help from professional persons to check or contact with our company directly. "
How very true that is !

Yes, I confess, this is from me. I collect such marvellously daft "found" stuff, and these instructions were even more fun than the torch itself !

1
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/06

You must laugh at some of the chinglese going around.

Reply to Paul