Question
Posted by: smilie | 2004/11/09

Reading material :An Invitation:

An Invitation:

Someone once told me that they accepted Christ in to their life, and turned their life around because they didn't want to take a chance with their spiritual welfare. "I have no absolute certain way to know for fact that God is real, " he said, "but what if He IS real, and I ignore Him all of my life?" he continued. "The end result would be devastating: lack of salvation and condemnation.

The way I see it is, if I believe in God and it turns out He is not real, then I have lost nothing, but if I don't accept Him into my heart and life, and it turns out He IS real, then I have lost EVERYTHING! That was a gamble I was not willing to take." The young man went on to explain. "Christ calls us to love one another, and treat others as we ourselves wish to be treated. That is not a hard concept to grasp, nor is it too difficult to apply to our daily life. In fact, practicing it has allowed me to be a happier and better person, so, already my faith in God has improved my life, and why on earth would someone not want to better their existance?"

Everyone has their own unique reasons for their belief in God. What matters is not WHY we accept Jesus Christ into our hearts, but what is moreso significant is WILL WE?

Actually, a variation on an old, and often convincing arument several older philosophers have raised. Was it Voltaire who first said this, hundreds of years ago ?