Question
Posted by: mimi | 2005/01/13

read and give your opinion plse

Hi all
Plse tell me if you think the following behavour is normal , I've been married for 7years. My hb has an older sister , thye phone each other at least 3 times a week and chat for at least an hour. I've also noticed that when ever my hb and I will have an argument , his sister also gets upset with me , the one time she even phoned me , I cracked and put the phone down in her ear , I was shocked , my hb made me call her and appologise, this happend about 5 years ago , after we went for therapy , about 2 months ago we had an argument , in his sisters house , my hb sweared at me , I just walked out of the room and went outside , I did not know how to react , I did not want to make a scene , she just carried on doing the dishes, when we got home my hb appologise for what he said , I said yes but untill when , it is just so easy , you treat me like durt when we are there , but when we walk into house you are all sorry ! after that sudenly she is also funny with me , my hb even phoned her to arrange a birthday party at their house for our son 2years old , and they stay about 120km from us , I just said there is no way that will ever happen ......... Once he phoned her again and basicaly they were arranging a visit (us to go their) , I said that I did not want to go any where I was tired , I then told his sister just leave her she is full of sh_t , I checked his cell phone he phoned her 4 times , I confronted him , all he said is that I am just jealous ?

Sounds like you two need to head back into therapy / marriage counselling, as you didn'[t finish the job last time. he needs to focus on the woman he is married to, not the one he has a neurotic attachment to

2
Posted by: Blood is thicker than water | 2005/01/13

This is a fact my dear, however... your less than lovely husband has got to consider the fact that he chose YOU to spend his life with by marrying you.

So, let's be rational when we tell him that BALANCE will fix everything, and that yes, you may be a little jealous but that's only because you wish the 2 of you would be able to chat and confide in each other as easily as he does with his sister.

Tell him that you will curb the jealousy thing, if he will please be more considerate to you. I mean, how would he feel if you did the same to him.

If you had a brother, chatted and spent so much time together.
You're not trying to stop them being together, but you would just like a little of him as well.

Approach this maybe with a will to making things better - FOR EVERYBODY involved - and he may just see that you're not tryign to be vindictive, you just miss him.

See where that leads perhaps?
Good luck.

Reply to Blood is thicker than water
Posted by: Unknown | 2005/01/13

To put it bluntly : I think your husbands stuck up his sisters ass..
The ways his behaving it seems like his married to her.It also think that your sister-in-law tell him what to do & he obeys her orders.

Reply to Unknown