Question
Posted by: KA | 2006/11/10

Reaccuring Sore throat

About a montha go i feel ill and went to see my gp. He diagnosed me with a throat infection and prescribed antibiotics. When they finished i still wasn't better and went back to him. He gave me a second course of different antibiotics. Took them but didn't really get better fast. After a while a got better. This morning i woke up and my throat was dry and now it's starting to burn. I do suffer from sinus but not so much that i have to take medication. Could this reaccuring throat infection be something more serious? I did have a blood test when i was sick the first time and my white cell count was high. My gp said it was because of my throat infection. Should i be worried? Please help doc

Dear KA
You could have a chronic sinusitis that infect your throat every time - try taking Viral choice c 1 twice a day and tonsilyte every 4 hours for about 48 hours and see if you don't get better without Antibiotics?
Do you still have your tonsils in?
Other causes of sore throat can be heartburn, ( the acidic gasses), low immunity, chronic post nasal drip in allergies, low grade chronic tonsillitis.