Question
Posted by: lisa | 2008/01/15

reaccuring absess's

Hi i have recently found out i have PCOS. I often get sores on my body which never seem to heal? I also get abcesses constantly in my mouth. even after root canals?

Dear Lisa
This normally does not have any relationship to PCOS but can be an indication of a high bacterial load on your skin. Let your doctor check your iron levels, take something like Echinacea to boost your immunity, bath with antiseptic soap and ask your doctor to give you a course of oral antibiotics if you get the sores again. Treat all new ones with Bactroban ointment and cover up with a Bandaid to prevent self contamination of the rest of the skin.