Question
Posted by: B | 2004/10/03

Re: WHat is too old to still be living at home

CS, Mike and Carol: Thanks a lot for your advice and comments; I'm feeling a whole lot better about the whole situation now. I actually agree 100% with you about Dr Phil. Most of his shows is so guilt-inducive and irritatingly subjective and he hands out advice so glibly and simplistically. It's as if he wears blinkers. or looks through a millionnaire's glasses. I find it very disturbing to watch, but I just had to know what other ppl would think about living with one's parents. THANKS!!!

B, think of it as a millionaire's clever marketing. If he gives you advice which actually SOLVES you're problem, there's no profit in it for him. But if he makes people feel guilty or in some other way needy for treatment, he can attract more clients, in the times when he's not on chat shows. I dare say after the weekend you may receive comments from more of our readers.

1
Posted by: Dianthe | 2004/10/04

Hi There

My hubbie lived with his parents until we got married. He was 32 at that stage. You must have an understanding of everyone has their own lives and have respect for each other. My inlaws did not want to know each move. The request was to let them know where we were eating at night. There is a huge difference in preparing a meal for 2 or 4.

Hopes this gives you insight.

Reply to Dianthe