Question
Posted by: Zigzag | 2006/11/09

RE Waterspaniel

Thanks everyone for your reply and thanks doc for advice.

Zoe weights 17kg (weight at her last checkup two weeks ago). She usually eat Hill's but for the past two weeks the doc gave her these Vet's Choice. Yesterday I measured the amount of water she drank - jut over 2litres. So you think this change in her behaviour is nothing to worry about? I truely hope so

Thanx all

If she is back to herself again and drinking that amount it is probably fine. If she is still poorly have your vet check her over just to be sure all is in order.

4
Posted by: Chill | 2006/11/11

Your dog is ill.

Why are you buggering round wondering if she's pining or has separation anxiety? Even if she does it's not going to make her puke rubbery goo! If she 'scavenged some rancid food' she'd have puked it up and gotten on with her life - and if you suspected poisoning and being fed something harmful, then what's it going to take for you to be '100% sure'? Does she first have to die, or what?

Quite apart from anything else, if your dog has had a stomach upset that has caused her to have to be put on a special diet, then what on earth are you doing feeding her a sip of milk and bread and jam? BREAD AND JAM??? And when she is 'so weak' that she can't even eat the stuff, you hasten to your pc to write a query to a forum?

Take the dog to the vet!

If you seriously suspect poisoning, GO TO THE VET!

And do a little serious reading up on appropriate dog care. I am prepared to believe that you mean well - but you're not handling this correctly.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: zigzag | 2006/11/10

Last night Zoe had a series of bad "throw ups' , her food bowl is still quite full which means that she did not have much in her tummy. I cannot figure out what it was she was throwing up but it was of a very gooey rubbery consistency and looked more like a heaped stool than vomit. After which she was so weak I could not even coax her to have a sip of warm milk or bread and jam which she normally gets as a treat after doing her doodles and re tiring to her room for the night. It is possible that she scavenged some rancid food from a building site nearby.And if you,ve ever seen droopy -|- er spaniel eyes you should see her. .... I have suspected poisoning or someone feeding her something harmful but not 100% sure. either that or she is emotionally unwell as she just looks so sad and depressed... She has two loving "parents"" and when the one "parent "" is away she tends to pine very badly and lays at the front door staring out into space - I know that -|- ers do have seperation anxiety but can it make them ill? I am the firm parent , yet still loving and affectionate towards her, with a reward and command system, I say "no" when I have to whilst the other parent dotes on her and showers her with affection ... could she be missing him when he is not around.?

Reply to zigzag
Posted by: Chill | 2006/11/09

Specially because the dog is lethargic too...!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Jay | 2006/11/09

I do think that as Chill said check with your vet. If you have been giving Hill which is a fabulous product and she is now on vets choice i suggest you call him and clear it up with the vet I would phone him or pop in and have a quick chat with him. I would not leave it.

Reply to Jay