Question
Posted by: Wern | 2004/10/06

Re: Want to gain weight...need help...

Thank you for your message DietDoc, Is there anywhere I may get a Daily Diet for me, if so? Where can I get one?

Dear Wern
It's a pleasure. I have not had time to work out a standard diet or one for individuals who need to gain weight (too busy answering questions every day), but you would basically eat the foods you usually eat just slowly increasing the portion sizes and also frequency of eating, e.g. breakfast fruit juice or fruit with cereal of choice, full-cream milk or yoghurt, and sugar or honey, boiled egg with 2 slices wholewheat toast with polyunsaturated margarine and jam or honey or any other spread you like, coffee or tea with full cream milk and sugar. 10 am snack Provitas with cheese and a fruit plus hot beverage, full-cream milk and sugar or have a milk shake (blend fruit, honey, full-cream milk to a drinkable consistency, add 2-3 tablespoons of full-cream milk powder and blend again). Continue with larger meals and snacks for the rest of the day.