Question
Posted by: DM | 2004/01/14

RE: VITAMINS DURING PREGNANCY

I am 18 weeks and 4 days, I'm not taking anything since pregnant because of nausea and vomiting, and now the vomiting has stopped, so I don't know if I can start taking vitamins at this stage. I'm going to the doc this Saturday (not a gynae but he has a sonar, as I can't afford a gynae) At the moment I don't know what's happening with baby. Its just kicking most of the day. (I only went for a scan at 6 weeks)

Please anyone who can give advice

Many thanks

You should start taking vitamins. Pregnavit M is a good one.

2
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/14

You must take vitamins. Most of them can be given over the counter without a prescription so go ask for a good one eg. pregnavitM. There are many reasons for taking vitamins including helping with tiredness, preventing spina bifida and if you are anaemic it keeps your iron up. I had an emergency ceasar and my iron was so low that they were worried about the bleeding not being able to stop and me needing a transfusion. Most of the negative aspects can be controlled by your diet. Nausea can be made less by eating smaller amounts more often during the day and constipation can be prevented by eating more roughage and lots of fresh and dried fruit.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/14

You should take vitamins, ask your doc and start taking them.

Reply to Norma