Posted by: Not so unhappy mom anymore | 2008/08/26

RE: Very unhappy little girl

Hi Doc,

Just wanted to let you know that my daughter tests came back all very positive. They did an IQ test to test for ADD but her tests came back indicating no problem at all. Psychiatrist is still keeping her on the anti depression pills until I take her back again in 2 months time.

She suggested that I take my daughter to a occupational therapist to help her cope better with her anxiety towards her school work and to help her to learn more effectively and to not be in such a hurry all the time....

I just want to thank you I must say she is still very irritated and aggresive but has only been on the medication for a week now so hopefully all of this will just make her a happy 9 year old girl again.

Thanks for the advice doc

Take Care

Thanks for the good feedback. I find it re-assuring, especially with a controversial diagnosis like ADD, when a good clinician reports that someone does NOT have it --- it suggests that they are competent and no looking for what they can gain from the diagnosis ! Lets hope her temper improves in the next couple of weeks. Occupational Therapists seem currently to be bent on claiming skills which are not traditionally part of their training or recognized expertise, so let's hope that this one can indeed be helpful, as she is recommended by a psychiatrist who knows her and her work.