Question
Posted by: DeeDee | 2004/10/29

RE: Very red face when exercising

Hi Doc,
I posted a message a little while ago saying that whenever I do any exercise my face goes REALLY red!
I am fit and have fair skin.

You asked a few questions:
- I only just recently started taking a multi-vitamin and I'm not on any medication, (except for the pill)
- I do have high blood pressure from smoking

But my face has gone BRIGHT red my whole life whenever I've done exercise.
It doesn't cause any health problems for me.
I just get embarrassed when I'm the only one with a red face and was wondering if there was anything I could do to calm it down.

Thanks so much!
- DeeDee :0)

DeeDee, I doubt that it is something dangerous, but I can’t tell you what the problem is without being able to examine you either. You can try taking a (low dose) â-blocker, but if that doesn’t work the best would be to see your doctor.