Posted by: anon | 2008/06/02


Hi Doc, i refer to your advise on Chloasma and would like to know does this condition only happen aroung the facial area. I have some unsightly marks around my neck area and embarrassing enough on my cleavage area. I have been taking Dianne for year and currently on INDEROL. i have tried so many creams to try and get rid of the discolouration but to no avail. Can the mediaction im taking have anything to do with this ? If not should i actually get my tyroid checked up?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anon
Yes you can get chloasma on the neck and cleavage area too. The Diane could be the culprit. You should actually see a dermatologist - they can prescribe Hydroquinone, Skinoren or Retin A and could maybe give you something else to use instead of the Diane.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.