Question
Posted by: Natie | 2004/11/05

RE: Tonsillitis

Could you please tell me what is the difference between tonsillitis and throat infection. My baby was diagnosed with tonsillitis at Red Cross Children's hospital Wednesday night. Could you please tell me what does an antibiotic injection do. He's fever was 40.
They gave him an antibiotic injection in his thigh and a bottle of Moxymax antibiotic. Is this a good antibiotic.

Natie, the tonsils (mangels) are just structures in the back of the mouth/entrance to the throat and when they are infected it is called tonsillitis. When the whole throat is infected, it is called pharyngitis or a throat infection. They’re caused by the same organism and require the same treatment.
The antibiotic should do the job. Good luck.