Question
Posted by: J | 2006/07/25

Re- Supplements (2)

Vanessa
Thanks for your reply. My height - 1.63m, weight 73.5. I started the living the "new life" (balanced eating + exercise) in Oct 2005. I started at 93 kg's and as you can see has lost 20 kg's. However, I lost 17 in the first 7 months and in the last 3 months I've only lost 3. Before I put on the weight I used to weight between 53 and 55 and know this is a good weight for me, however, being realistic I would be happy to get to around 60 kg's. Also I've been doing weights seriously and don't know what this effect will be on my kg's eventually. I do however know that my fat % is still way to much and I cannot obtain the "chissled" look I want with this much fat still on my body. I only used the CLA for 1 month and did not really notice any difference - therefore stopped it. I'll try the liquid meal replacements. Have it, but don't use it regularly - would rather opt for a fruit normally.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi J

Firstly apology for waiting so long for me to get back to you!

Your results are awesome! Well done! I agree that the last 3 months’ progress is not in line with what can be expected – it might be because you are eating more calories than what you body needs and maybe not in the right macro nutrient ratios or it might even be that you are under consuming calories. My guess is most probably that you are eating too many carbs, the wrong kind of carbs and that your diet is too high in fat. I recommend that you eat about 1600 – 1800 calories per day. Divide those calories into 6 meals per day with a 40% carb – 40% protein – and a 20% fat ratio. Make sure that you consume high GI carbs before and during your training but the rest of the time only low GIs. This scenario will help to control your appetite and ensure enough energy for every new day’s training.

Try the following Sample Meal Plan:

BREAKFAST: ½ - 1 cup Rolled Oats with Fat free yoghurt and fat free milk
SNACK: Meal replacement shake
LUNCH: Tin of tuna in brine, salad ingredients and a ½ - 1 cup low GI Carb(rice & lentils)
SNACK: Meal replacement shake / bar
DINNER: 1-2 skinless chicken breasts, ½ - 1 cup low GI Carb e.g. rice &
lentils or sweet potato and lots of veggies (obviously with no butter)

Take lots of care
Vanessa

1
Posted by: J | 2006/07/25

ps. I'm getting desperate at the moment and is considering seeking help from a dietician. I'm running an average of 25 km a week trying to shake the last kilos, but it is almost not moving. I'm affraid to cut my calories more since I need enough nuitrition to do weight training and muscle building. Any advise would be appreciated.

Reply to J