Question
Posted by: New Mommy | 2004/10/22

Re: Sunbed and pregnancy

I posted a question regarding the sunbed and received quite a few replies. Thanks everyone.

However, I'm even more confused now. I just love the sun, although I've always been very careful, and I always use a sunscreen with the highest protection. I just can't see myself going through this Summer without a tan. Really girls, I'm as white as snow and face it, a tan just makes u look healthier. Unfortunately I cannot use self-tan lotions. There some ingredient which I'm allergic to. I also cannot afford to go for a self-tan spray.
No matter how u tan, there's no safe option. I don't think any form of tanning is safe but I've never ever burned from the sunbed.
Doesn't anyone else have any other suggestions.

I'll be in my last few weeks during Feb... the hottest month ever.
Does anyone think that Pamela Anderson never ever used the sunbed whilst she was pregnant? Her children seems to be just fine.

I never lie in the sunbed for longer than 20 min and no more than 5 sessions, every 3rd day only. The sunbed-lady I go to is very strict about sunbed protection.
I'm greatful to the replies I received but still in doubt.

Sunbeds will not harm the fetus but can cause excessive and unwanted pigmentation in pregnancy, particularly on the face.