Question
Posted by: Brzoza | 2005/01/11

Re: Strange skin problem

Hi Doc!
Thanks for your answer, Re: small red dots surounded by almost white skin. You said to see dermatologist. I will do it for sure inspite of the previous bad experiences when I always ended up with the tube of cortison cream for everything from hemoroids to melanoma (never had both of them, used here only as an ilustration).

I was told that these dots look like a tiny ruptured blood vessels. That s why they are surrounded by visibly paler skin. Is this possible? What can cause this? Am I just about to perish with a stroke? Please help. No cortison cream though, I still have plenty of it left from... well - lets silence talk.

Brzoza, making a dermatological diagnosis without being able to see the problem is always difficult. If you can send a picture to CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I might be able to help more. Good luck.