Question
Posted by: Tired | 2008/01/27

RE: STEPMOM WITH ATTITUDE

Good day CyberShrink

Thank you for your posting, it is much appreciated.

My dad was quite shocked when I told him as I went off quite a bit due to explosive anger, and he said that she should not be that way with me since he has always just been nice towards her kids, and that he would have a chat with her about it.

CyberShrink, it just really isn't a turn-on for me when adults don't know how to behave, and this while I'm just giving my best, always being kind and helping where I can. As I said, it is not deserved.

Hey, tired, well, some adults never learn how to behave well towards others, some because they were never taught or encouraged to do so at home, some because they are so wrapped up in their own feelings and wants that they don't really pay attention to other people. But if she tends to like conflict --- disappoint her by not entering into that game, and remaining pleasant and ignoring her little sniping comments, not getting annoyed. That's the best form of vengeance --- living well and happilly. Do I understand that it was your anger which got rather explosive on this occasion ? If so, maybe you would also benefit from learning how to avoid such anger, which is never actually useful