Question
Posted by: Janine | 2012/01/17

RE: Staffy on heat

Thank you so much for your response! You have helped me make my decision. I am going to enquire about getting her spade as soon as possible.

She is a registered dog as her father was Staffy of the year SA in 2010, so we were told by the Staffordshire Board that it would be a good idea to let her breed with other staffies when she is ready.

I do not want to wait until she is only ready at 3 years old!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your prompt response!!!! You are most helpful :-)

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Janine, it is an absolute pleasure! I really am so pleased you are going this route as breeding really is a complicated affair. By the way meant to mention that a dog that is sterilized is even more likely to bond with its owner as not so much to think about! Do download the AFTER Getting a Puppy by Dr. Ian Dunbar from my Friends of the Dog website. It will give you so much valuable information and help you to turn your dog into a well behaved, well manner member of the family. Good luck and wishing you all the success in the world - she is lucky to have you! Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/01/18

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert