Question
Posted by: Palesa | 2005/11/23

Re: Sick leave

I've been off-sick for 9 days, and on the 8th day i got a call from my boss to say that somebody from HR department called to tell him that he must tell me to bring medical certificate or I'll get a letter of dismissal. I don't know where did this come from because I've been communicating with my boss since i've been on sick leave to update him of my condition, and i also informed my boss that i do have medical certificates with me. I had to come to work to submit medical certificates whilst still on sick leave. I still need to go for hesteroctomy, but i am afraid i will loose my job. Please advice!

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Lose your job - unlikely. No grounds. You did not have to personaly come in to deliver your sick cert. Your regular communication was correct. Always neater to submit a certificate as soon as possible,especially if it is a lengthy period.