Question
Posted by: zenobia | 2005/12/08

RE: RASH

Good day Doc,

I need your advise,my husband has a rash on his penis.This rash is red and itchy,it goes away on it's own and sometimes re occur.
I am diabetic and pregnant and had a virginal infection early in my pregnancy.Do u think that is the cause of this rash and what can he use for it?I advised him to see a doctor but he is the shy tipe.
He has had this rash now for +- 2 months already.

Expert ImagePharmacist

His symptoms may be related to you earlier infection. Since the chance of OTC meds helping is small, the best would be for him to consult a doctor, get an accurate diagnosis, and get the correct med prescribed. Depending on the diagnosis he may need meds such as a single dose of fluconazole, etc.