Question
Posted by: sunflowers | 2005/01/05

RE: pregnant and spotting

I got hold of a doctor this morning, and found that i was pregnant two months, two week, but the heart had stopped.. the doc advised tablets to terminate the pregnancy. I have to wait for the blood type results for the correct medication. Otherwise a scrape which i cannot afford (as i'm not on Medical Aid)..
My husband is a very distraught, but i feel ok, as it's one of those thing that happen, as baby did not have enough of something to grow further. I found out about the pregnancy on Monday 5/1/2005!

He said to insert 4 up my vagina, and one (another tablet) under my tonuge hourly... after the blood results.. how safe is this?? he says its' safe.. and what chances be to fall pregnant within a year or so.. he says within 2-3 months. I am just concerned that maybe some things will stay in me after the tablets have worked the pregnancy down.. I have an appointment to see him in 4 weeks again.
Should i worry so much? and are the tablets safe?
What could complications/side effects from this be?
he explained about cramps and pain, etc.. but i would like to hear from other women their experiences..

sunflower
Rishka

PS. This would have been my first baby...

You don't say what the tablets are. I presume that they are Misoprostol or Cytotec. You would also need to know the dose. The usual dose would be 600mg into the vagina and then 200mg every 4 hours orally. Four weeks is too long to wait before seeing your doctor again. You should see him when the pain/bleeding start to that he can check that everything is completely removed. This is very important.
It is often best to wait at least 3 months after a miscarriage before trying for a pregnancy again, to ensure a better outcome.

3
Posted by: Tilli | 2005/01/06

Hi Sunflowers,
So sorry to hear the outcome - hang in there and see that you and your hubby are there for each other for this - especially if you are dealing with it in your own ways.
Thinking of you.
Tilli

Reply to Tilli
Posted by: Nix | 2005/01/05

I am so sorry ot hear of your very sad news.

Thinking of you
Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/01/05

I am really sorry to hear about your loss. I too had a miscarraige in November 2004 was 8 weeks pregnant, I had a D&C done, I can't give you any advise to the meds but am sure they are fine, i suppose it will be the same you take if you have an abortion done, and you will be able to conceive again quickly

Jessica

Reply to Jessica