Question
Posted by: maryke | 2008/06/10

re posting 613

I red docters reply and the side effects all make senses cos i didn't sruggle with fever blisters for quite a few years and suddenly now i get them again, and the corners of my mouth tore as well.

If i want to go on the low gi diet would doc suggest that i just stop with the other diet and go on the low gi or should i start by bring carbs back into my diet slowly like say every second day I eat carbs with my main meal and then see how it goes and then make it with every main meal?

Sorry for all the questions doc but I've been struggling for a while to lose some weight it was at that point where i felt terrible about myself couldnt look at myself in the mirror even refused to buy clothes cos i couldnt get anything that fits properly and that looks good, now i am starting to feel good about myself again i actually fit into clothes i couldnt wear for over a year and i wouldnt want to pick up all the weight now again.

Kindest Regards

Dear Maryke
I am interested to hear that the high-protein, low-carb diet has triggered your fever blisters again. This is probably due to the fact that your body is being stressed and you are not having enough protective nutrients from fruit, vegetables and whole grains to fight the infection. Your suggestion to gradually re-introduce carbs into your diet is a good one. Just make sure that you use low-GI carbs as prescribed by your dietitian, otherwise you could find that eating highly processed, high-GI carbs could hamper your weight loss. Also add exercise if possible to your slimming programme - go for brisk walks or skip for 30 min a day - this not only promotes weight loss and stimulates your metabolism, but it will make you nice and firm and trim.