Question
Posted by: nkalankatha | 2007/12/20

re: posting 1654

This country has been through a lot, those that don't have faith in the ruling party - well tough luck, those that want to leave the country - by all means, you probably have a home somewhere, so that's cool with us. CS talking about machine guns and whatever, it might sound like "just" a song, but look there were people that had to fight for this country to be where it is at, and unfortunately Zuma played a role, he did not get to where he is because of luck, he worked damn hard, talking about millions etc etc that he lives on, what and how did the former government operate? were there grants for blacks etc etc? I don't think so. If there's one thing that i can ask of you all, is never to under estimate Zuma's intelligence, he has the alliances brought together, that is a point on it's own. Mbeki was just an arrogant bastard who was very ignorant. I'll tell you what the difference is between JZ and Mbeki, JZ- is a people's person, he understands our struggles - ever heard of "batho pele" - that's his motto, unlike Mbheki - all he is worried about is the Economy - how are people like me benefiting? in no ways - i work hard for my money - what's happening with the interest rates and the forever going up petrol price? to put the cherry on top - mbheki claims that he has never seen an HIV+ person- now how ignorant is that? in a country that has the highest rate of hiv infection!! I don't wanna go deep into this, but i hope that i have shed some light! My closing statement would be: Let us be persimists for a change and have faith in the ruling party. Just remember that no man can run a country single handedly

nkalankatha, I was one of those who fought and sacrificed for freedom in this country --- unlike many of those who have profitted so hugely from their poltical friendships. I gather that Zuma did so, too, as did MANY other comrades who have not done so well financially and in terms of power, since then. And you asked about a song --- which is about a machine gun, which is why I referred to one.
Whatever the former government did ( and there was, obviously, a very great deal wrong with what it did ), that doesn't entitle one among so many comrades, to receive millions while so many receive nothing. Mbeki is clever, but not at all wise. It would be nice if ZUma were both, but his behaviour in having sex with a vulnerable HIV + woman, and his comments about showering and about how a woman's style of dress indicates availability, did not suggest great wisdom.
. I fully agree with your comment that no single man can run a country. Recently, it has seemed as though some thought it was posible, and as though others who wanted to help felt excluded. If that can change, this would surelty benefit all.
However, this is not the place for political discussions, though you might manage to get one started within the Annex.
And your vicious response to G, who raised points that many South Africans of all shades are genuinely and reasonably concerned about, is unacceptable, and if this sort of attitude and bad language and personal attacks are repeated, you will be excluded from the forum. You need to learn how to argue logically, and that NOTHING any former government did, however wrong, can justify anyone else from doing further wrong.

10
Posted by: G | 2007/12/20

I see I have touched one of Nkalakatha's MANY nerves :-)

Funny how you can refer to me as "racist" when I have made no allusions to my race, or to those races I may or may not be biased towards or against.

As I thought ... loudest vessels ....

Reply to G
Posted by: Psychiatric Forum | 2007/12/20

That is not a psychiatric problem - find a political forum.

Reply to Psychiatric Forum
Posted by: Aha!!. | 2007/12/20

yes...running the country from his jail cell...eish!!

Reply to Aha!!.
Posted by: nkalankatha | 2007/12/20

indeed - we have to get the few minoritie's minds right, they should get used to the idea of JZ being our future president

Reply to nkalankatha

And this is a psych problem?

Reply to Psychiatric Forum
Posted by: nkalakatha | 2007/12/20

i don't despute the fact that Zuma's private life is quiet f ck up, but he is indeed an intelligent man, and I can safely say that things will work out, he will proove to stereo types, that he too can run this country and smoothly. He will difinitely have my vote and all those that have elected him already, it's as simple as that...

Reply to nkalakatha
Posted by: Aha!!. | 2007/12/20

there is no such a thing as hiv infection.....take a shower and all is sorted out...eish!!

Reply to Aha!!.
Posted by: -|||- | 2007/12/20

Every regime has it's pro's and cons. The moment we stop buying things we do not need with money we do not have, interest rates should settle down. Petrol prices have for ever been fluctuating. There used to be an egalisation fund (spelling ?) that levelled out fluctuating petrol prices, but that's not in operation any more. Different governments perform well or poor in different aspects of governing the country. period.

As for Zuma. He's an excellent strategist, but if he was intellegent in simple things like not engaging in intercourse with someone that he KNEW was HIV+ he's hiding his intellegence damn well !!!!! Hope this kind of folly doesn't rub off on his Presidency of the ANC.

Reply to -|||-
Posted by: nkalankatha | 2007/12/20

I do apologies - let us not be persimists.

Your statement, i quote:

"a people's person" that gives the already ignorant and misinformed masses of this country the impression that showering will lessen your chances of contracting AIDs (where is his concern for his people in this regard?)

I think you are a RACIST BITCH, more than any thing, guess what? those masses who are ignorant and "hiv+ - because of the wrong information given to them", will decided who will be YOUR next president, unless you fokoff!!!!

What about the former ruling party - giving the "majority" bantu worthless education???? lets not even go there, because I will give it to you!!!

Reply to nkalankatha
Posted by: G | 2007/12/20

Hmmmmmmm, "a people's person" that has been involved in corrupton to the value of millions for his own gain (where do his people figure in that one?)

"a people's person" that makes sexist, degrading and ignorant comments about the attir of women (are women not included in his people?)

You are a perfect example of the astounding ignorance that surrounds this popularist and who relies on badly informed people like you who react (like the puppet you really are) to emotive half truths and promises ...

"My closing statement would be: Let us be persimists for a change and have faith in the ruling party" ... your statement (although in error) may be truer than you know as by insisting on remaining ignorant, you are indeed already dooming this country to pessimism.

I however, intend to try remain OPTIMISTIC about this country and have great faith that you are only a representation of a few empty vessels that tend to make the loudest noise...

Reply to G