Question
Posted by: Missy R | 2007/02/27

Re: posting 1184 I am scared and sad

Hi CS

Just wanted to let you know that you were right when you said that my boyfriend might have a Neurotical Problem. They have noticed something which they suspect might be a growth or tumor (something along those lines) on his right side of the brain, however they are going to conduct more tests and they've asked him to come for now Stomach X-Rays - they still don't have a proper diagnosis however the pulling and the shaking of his left side has subsided! If they do remove the growth, what options do they have? can they remove it using anti biotics or does it have to be removed surgically? and what's the worst that can happen?? I know I might sound paranoid but truth be told - I am damn scared and I need to prepare myself psychologically...

Sorry to hear of this worrying news, Missy R. I can't locate your previous message ( it wasn't 1184 ) but I remember it. Only the doctors looking after him could answer your questions properly. Apparently they have found a shadow within the brain --- how they need to find out what is causing this. If its an infection or abscess, antibiotics might help. With some forms of tumour, they can be removed completely ; others are more difficult to remove. Some are tumours, but not arising in the brain, but secondaries, a spread from a tumour somewhere elase --- that might be why they are doing stomach X-rays. There are various options for treatment, including surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, antibiotics, and so on. And it's good to hear he's in a professor's hands. We wish him all the best

6
Posted by: Missy R | 2007/02/28

Thank you CS, RMC and Ola. Thanks for your concern. I pray that all goes well too.

Reply to Missy R
Posted by: Ola | 2007/02/27

You will both be in my prayers.

Reply to Ola
Posted by: Missy R | 2007/02/27

They started with the blood tests which included: HIV, platelete count, INR/PIP and everything was fine, and of course a whole lot that I had no clue what they were! and then they did Chest, Arms and Legs X-Rays and a Brain Scan as well, but he had to repeat the Brain Scan and that's when the Professor realised that there was a growth of some sort, so now he will be going on Thursday for the Stomach Scan/X-ray! I am quiet aware of what might happen of him, but I know that nothing is impossible with God and I just want to remain positive. I am lucky that he's entire family is supportive in all ways so I don't feel like I am all alone on this, and I know that much is going to be required from me in future!

Reply to Missy R
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/27

What scans have they actually done if they can't see what it is? Remember that there are all sorts of medical wonders out there these days. Just remember, if he has to go through treatments and things you will really need to be strong if you plan to stick by him as he will go through all kinds of emotions.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Missy R | 2007/02/27

Sorry all it's posting 1884 and it's a neurogical problem not neurotical.

Thanks RMC for the words of encouragement, I certainly hope that he'll have more options that won't harm him, I really love him and I would die if anything happened to him. This man loves me, he loved me when he was healthier and I won't turn my back on him now - the thought of it just kills me! I pray everyday that he recovers but which ever way, I am with him all the way and he knows that!!!

Reply to Missy R
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/27

Okay, he needs to sit down with his doc that diagnosed this and the doc needs to give him all his options with the pros and cons of each. Don't be embarrassed to ask questions, the doc went and studied for so long so that he could answer them.

I am sure that they could have found this in time. I really hope everything works out for you guys. I hope he realises how blessed he is to have some one like to that cares about him the way you do.

And Kudos to CS for helping in what could turn out to be a life saving situation!

Reply to RMC