Question
Posted by: Benjamin | 2004/03/12

Re-post as requested - PCR @ 8 weeks refers to 11926 and 11938

As requested herewith repost for the above subject. Did you manage to get any information this morning?

Benjamin, I couldn’t find you a scientific article that explains it in layman’s terms, but i phoned someone with a doctorate in these things and he agrees with me. The test is as close as possible to 100% sensitive and specific especially 6 weeks after the possible infection. The kit that is used by all laboratories is standardised and tests for all the strains of HIV1 (a-f) – we have type c in SA. I suppose you will have to decide who you want to believe – me or someone whose only claim to fame is that he infected his family. Good luck.