Posted by: Tired | 2013/01/29

Re : post 248

Hi Dietdoc

Thanks for your advice. I am waiting to setup an appointment with the psychologist at Crescent Clinic and then they will do an assessment and I will move on from there.
I have made enquiries to Tara but you have to have psychiatric assessment done and all psychiatrists charge +- R2000 for the first appointment! It is really difficult to get the help u need when u can''t afford the fees. What government hospitals in Johannesburg are good ones to go to?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Tired
I am glad to hear that you are going to see a psychologist and am holding thumbs that you will get to the bottom of this problem of your nausea. I am amazed that psychiatrists now charge R2,000.00 for a first appointment, but this is probably because the first assessment can take a long time. I am unfortunately not acquainted with the government hospitals in Johannesburg. You can perhaps ask the psychologist when you so him/her.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.