Question
Posted by: Someone | 2007/02/27

Re: post 2013 (some help please)

My ex of 3 weeks mentioned on friday night that things could be different for us for the next 10 months (before he moves away - long story short, he's not ready to get engaged and that is the condition on which I would give up everything and move with him).

I thought about the 10 month thing - I'm not sure whether it would be a wise decision, or not? On the one hand there is the fact that we have planned occasions such as weddings that we are attending together. This makes it tough to cut communication completely and because we are not a couple anymore, its very confusing on how to react towards each other when we are together.

Then again on the other hand, I mentioned that I was considering his idea of having things be different for 10 months. After that he would be gone and I would have no choice but to fight the urge to see him. Now that it is a possibility that we would be together again, these are the symptomses that he has shown (my previous post).

Although I have talked this through with him, I still get the idea that he might have thought that I would not even consider getting back together for a limited period.

What do you think, cs?

Can you react to each other, at events, as pals, rather than "a couple " ? This whole idea --- is it desirable ? ie would it make you happier and lead towards goals in life you value ? If not, don't do it. Is it possible --- could you pull it off ? If not, then even if it were desirable, it'd wouldn't work.