Question
Posted by: CaT | 2005/11/28

Re. post 11458: Depression only at work

I think maybe it could be all the men here, i feel rather insignificant many days. The people i work for are mostly Jews, no offense to any Jews, but im an open minded freedom fighting spiritualist, so i think our views on the rol of a female differ slightly. The only other women here are 1. receptionist, 2. accounts and 3. married to the boss and is now being forced to quit her job because "women are supposed to stay at home" . Everyone else here are men, and we are quite a big company.
but i never let it bother me because if they really didnt want me here, why did they hire me in the first place? i got the job the same day i came for the interview. If this is the case, then there is nothing i can really do, which means i will continue feeling very depressed.
As for too little interaction with other people, i prefer it that way and i am ten times happier not seeing anyone rather than having to face people (S.A.D) and i have learned how to deal with loneliness over the years and comfort myself on the fact that i do have someone that loves waiting for me at home.
i dont know maybe i just wasnt cut out for working in an office, too many walls around me or maybe i have just been too depressed lately to think clearly.
Thank you every one for your comments :) much appreciated.

OK, so a nest of male chauvenist pigs, as they used to say. Presumably they hired you because they needed whatever it is you can do.