Question
Posted by: Musti | 2007/02/28

Re: Planning pregnancy - malaria

My wife took mefliam - one tablet per week
As mentioned what are the dangers if she falls pregnant and how long should we wait

See original q and a below

Subject: Planning pregnancy - malaria
Posted by: Musti
Message:
My wife and I visited India recently and had to take medication to prevent malaria. We are now back and ready to plan our family but people have warned us that there is a waiting period after you have taken malaria medication. How long should we wait and what are the dangers if she does fall pregnant soon after.
Date: 26/2/2007

Subject:
Posted by: GYNAEDOC
Message:
Which medication did she take?
Date: 27/2/2007

The recommendation form the company is that you use contarception for 3 months after completing a course of Mefliam.