Question
Posted by: Mweb | 2004/10/29

Re: Ovulation

Hi everybody,

Can enybody explain the following for me:-
My LMP was on the 02/10/2004 and I took my first course of Clomid on the 5th day of my cycle until the 09. According to my ovulation calender I was most fertile from 17-22 October, I had sex on the 16 and the 17 cause my hybby had to go on a business trip on Moday 18 Oct.
What are the chances of falling preggies if u had sex (say on the 16 and the 17 Oct.)?
I want to know if u had sex a day or 2 before your actual fertile period can u still conceive?
How many days do sperms live from your body? is it possible that I caught the fertile period on the 17 (although I did not have sex on my remaining fertil period)

Your replies will be of great help

Mweb

Your chances are about 20%. Sperm last a few days, so you could still pregnant if you had intercourse before you ovulated.

4
Posted by: baby | 2004/10/29

i am 28 yrs old i need a baby in my life, i have tried everything still nothing, my hubby has got a baby and i am the promblem what can i do can some please give me a gynea in the east rand teh best one.

baby

Reply to baby
Posted by: Pauka | 2004/10/29

Hi Ladies,

Thanx for your prompt response ladies, I think I've got a 32 cycle
In my ovulation calender it says that I was fertile on the 17 - 22 Oct. if im on 32 days cycle
On 28 cycle my fertile period was on 12 - to the 18 )

Today Im on 28day of my cycle, I presume that I must start my period on (01/11/2001 of 02/11/2004) Hope it doesn't come.

Thanx Ladies, any suggestion in the above - do apologise for not being more explanatory.

Luv Mweb

Reply to Pauka
Posted by: PN | 2004/10/29

during ovulation your egg only survives for 3 days.

yes, it is possible to fall pregnant if you have sex a couple of days before ovulation as the sperm can survive up to 2-3 days before it dies.

Actually to try for a boy - one should have intercourse 2days before ovulation to give the male sperm a head start (as the female sperms are faster swimmers)

Reply to PN
Posted by: xxx | 2004/10/29

If your LMP was on the 2 of oct and you got a normal 28 day cycle, youve got your ovulation date's wrong. You must count 14 days back before your next cycle begin and that give you a most fertile times between the 13 and 18 of oct. But if you had sex on the 16 and 17 there could still be a change.
Check your ovaluation on the web.

xxx

Reply to xxx