Question
Posted by: Mweb | 2004/10/22

Re: Ovulation

Hi everyone,

Can u please help me with this one, My LMP was on the 2 October 2004 - Took my first course on Clomid from the 6 - 9 had intercourse on the 14, 15, 16 and 17. Was this the right timing? Yesterday was my day 20 of my cycle and I heard a very white discharge (not watery) and not much, Im on day 21 today could it be my ovulation time or what?.

I also want to know no matter how long your cycle is, u will always ovulate 14 days before your period?

Everyone's response is much appreciated

Mweb

It is difficult to work out when you will ovulate on Clomid without having your cycle monitored with ultrasound. It sounds like you may have ovulated around the 20th. In general, you ovulate 14 days before a period, but things may be different on medication.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/22

You ovulate 14 days from the end of your cycle. So if you have a 28 day cycle, you subtract 14 and you ovulate on day 14. (30 day cycle minus 14 = day 16).

If your cycle is 28 days, you got your timing right! You could have ovulated on day 20 - depending on how long your normal cycle is.

I suggest buying an ovulation test kit (either urine or saliva - I found the saliva one best ....fertile focus). You'll then know exactly when you're ovulating and can make the most of your fertile time.

Good luck!

Reply to Nix