Question
Posted by: viv | 2003/02/13

RE: OVERWEIGHT

I was told about a drug known as Obex for obesity and that it raises your metabolism and helps to reduce your weight. I am 83 kgs and my height is 1.63. Ideally from reading about my weight, I should be between 62 - 67kg. Please advise wether this is a drug which could help me and what the side effects are

Viv, it’s a very strong stimulant – the closest you can legally get to amphetamine. It shouldn’t be taken for longer than 6 weeks, is highly addictive and may cause a fairly severe depression when it is stopped. If you want a list of all the potential side effects, please let me know (just post it as a new question or I won’t get it). Good luck.