Question
Posted by: Chunky B | 2006/11/07

RE: Overeating - Help groups like AA ?

To the two ladies (?) who posted a reply to my question on help groups for overeating - Caz and Anon.... Thank You for your replies! You've helped me out a lot!

Kindest regards,
Soon2B Slim :-)

,,,,,

2
Posted by: anon | 2006/11/07

Its a pleasure Chunky B, just remember that weight management is not just about eating but about lifestyle. You need to change your lifestyle, if you lead a sedentary lifestyle, you need to get moving. Walking is a really good way to start as you can do it anywhere and everywhere. You don't need a gym membership to walk but it is always far more social to join a club like Walk for Life.

If you feel you are addicted to food, overeaters anonymous will be of benefit to you. You will learn what your triggers are and you need to avoid them.

Try focussing on eating healthy food and becoming healthy. Throw out all the junk foods in your home and stock up on good healthy snacks, fruit and veggies etc.

Have you visited Diet Doc and Fitness and the Weightloss Forums Here at H24.

Good luck!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/11/07

I just commented on your previous post - didn't particularly think it was a good idea for Caz to suggest a pro-ana website, when it appears you have an unhealthy relationship with food to start off with.

I think one on one counselling would be a better option - but maybe you're looking for a quick, unhealthy fix?

Reply to Chelle