Question
Posted by: Excercise | 2007/07/30

Re-occuring shoulder pains

I often strain my right shoulder muscle during athletic activities. Usually it happens whenever I have to lift my arm over my head in a throwing motion. I hear a crack the arm gets numb and after awhile it gets back to normal. This is happening more and more often and no matter how much time I take off between sports. I've been trying to stretch more often but I can almost count my shoulder kinking out on me. Thanks for your help in advance...

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Physiotherapy may help you - but you have to take it easy on that shoulder. Repetitive sprain and strain on a joint will take its toll if you're not careful and may result in a more lasting lesion.