Question
Posted by: Nomsa | 2004/01/22

Re-occuring Ovarian Cyst

I was diagnosed with ovarian cyst 3 years ago and I had my laparoscopy 7 months ago and they couldn't find the ovarian cysts except for my blocked fallopian tubes, two months ago I went to see my Gynae and he put me to a scan and realised that I had the same left ovarian cyst! Is there a treatment for re-occuring cysts other than a surgery, my Dr. put me on contraceptives two years ago but couldn't help, I also use a douche. I think these cysts interfer with my chances of falling preg, what do you think?

Surgery is only necessary if the cyst is bigger than 5 cm. It sounds like you have normal cysts which come and go. All women have this during each cycle. The egg grows in a little cyst, it ovulates and the cyst disappears. I would think it is the blocked tube whioch is interfering with conception rather than the cysts.

1
Posted by: Nomsa | 2004/01/26

I had my tubes opened 8 months ago......

Reply to Nomsa