Posted by: Carry | 2012/11/18

Re-occuring bladder infections

Good day :)
I have always suffered from re-occurring bladder infections, a few years back i was on Macrodantin - which worked wonders, but i stopped as it influence the effectiveness of the pill.

since i have found out that Deblaston is also available, but i am not sure will influence my pill? (I am on Diane)
Thank you for the help :)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


The question that needs to be addressed is why you are experiencing recurring bladder infections. Have you consulted an urologist for a possible cystoscopy? Unfortunately, Deblaston will influence the effectiveness of your oral contraceptive. I therefore, strongly suggest that you consult an urologist to investigate your chronic infections if you have not yet consulted a specialist.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anxious | 2012/11/22

how do you know for sure that they are all recurring infections, i.e. is each urine sample sent to a lab for full analysis? Only when urine samples are sent to a lab for testing can doctors confirm that an infection is present, and this result is only confirmed if the lab culture the sample, i.e. they do MC& S testing on urine samples and if they culture the sample, this is a positive infection result. You would then need antibiotic treatment and another of the tests that are done is what''s called a sensitivity test to see which antibiotics are resistant/sensitive to your type of infection if the results are positive. If you do in fact have more than 5 lab positive results for infection, as Doc says, you should probably see a urologist for further investigation.
MC& S = microscopy, culture &  sensitivity test
Believe me, I know all about the above, I have chrnoic kidney problems and know all there is to know (well most of it anyway!) about bladder/kidney infections!

Reply to anxious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.