Question
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2004/12/13

Re: My insight on this site - to unimpressed and upset

Well who would have thought that I could have stirred so much controversy!!!!!!!
To "Upset" and "Unimpressed", just to set the record straight I don't come here to this site to blow my own horn, I am by no means a Psychologist or someone with medical degrees in the matters of the mind and heart.
As for being opinionated, haven't you noticed how many people come to this site just to let off steam, take out their frustrations, look for help or just come to talk crap. Well that's what I was trying to say. If you 've got a problem, sort it out. I see the same people over and over and over again with the same issues.

No one said anything about me being able to walk on water and as Cyberdoc may know better than the two of you, I have had A LOT of life lessons. I know about divorce, separation, rape, anxiety, murder (yes I've lost someone) family violence, car accidents, mental illness such as bipolor and manic depression. I was purely voicing my own opinion (like that's a crime) that if people like that have real problems that need to be solved then they should be encouraged to seek help instead of complaining about it on a website with one professional who is only as close as a modem connection.

So, "Upset" and "Unimpressed", although I get shunned by you for your opinion, don't expect your opinion to count that much more. Sounds like you guys are just way way too judgemental.

For those of you who responded to my posting and understood the jist of the matter, congratulations.
~Wings~

Well said, Wings. Some people learn many lessons in life ; others keep trying to learn the same lesson, and never get round to any of the others.
And interesting to hear you views again, lady nina. yes, things have changed over the years ( darn few websites have been around so long, so they don't get the chance to show change ). And surely much has to do with the shift in internet access --- nowadays many people access us free from work, whereas not long back a majority of visitors were dialup substcribers from home, for instance. But short of deleting a majority of posts, or telling people to go away if they don't fit a pre-ordained plan, we, like any other publication, have the readers who come here. We can't go out and buy a fresh supply if we get bored with the existing ones.

5
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2004/12/14

Digusted - as you can see - no one cares. Why not get over yourself!?!

Reply to ~Wings~
Posted by: Disgusted | 2004/12/13

Who pulled your chain this time? Ag Shame, did someone burst your bubble? They thought that you had an inflated opinion of yourself and voiced their criticism. But crawling into the rectums of others’ in an attempt to find your comfort zone and conjure up support normally works as well as it has this time. You haven’t fooled all of us, though. I didn’t agree with you then and I certainly don’t agree with you now.
I was Unimpressed and now I am Disgusted !

Reply to Disgusted
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2004/12/13

Thanks all!

Reply to ~Wings~
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/12/13

hi wings

i totally agree with you...this site has changed a lot and it might not meet our needs anymore but unless cs stops it, they are free to do what they want .... i normally read very few postings now adays because i just don't have the time anymore - it helps when the they tell you it's a chat posting

maybe the people with the real problems go els where now, or maybe this is turning into a site where the same people have the same problems all the time and are just looking to companionship instead of solutions

i loved the site years ago but i've learned that you can't stop change you either go with the flow or get out but the site have taken on a diff character and it will lose some memebrs but it will fain some as well

take care

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/13

Hi Wings,

Don't worry & don't get all heated up. Guess it just takes a bit longer for the penny to drop on some of us. & yes, I know I'm still waiting for all those new R5 coins to drop on me. Those are probably the right weight to leave an impression... oops, sorry, no pun intended.
I guess a lot of us just come her to see the different opinions of others, they do help. A lot of us just come here coz there doesn't seem to be any other way for us to get out our feelings & emotions sometimes. A lot of us come here just coz we cannot fathom what some people do & go through. & Yes, a lot of just come here to poke fun at the next person coz it's much safer doing it via a modem.

Thing is, this site & forum has been more helpful than not, to a whole lot ot us, maybe even you as well. This is one of the reasons some of us come here, coz we can find someone who would be straight forward & honest & professional with us in the form of CS. Yep, he is the obe person here that is more respected than any other, & yes, his resolve to respond to almost the same concerns on an almost daily basis is in itself a truly amazing task.

Even you Wings, have just had the opportunity to vent to someone, intangible, that has somehow found a way of getting to you... know that you allow this. They say sometimes, ignorance is bless, but not always.

I would like to add though that I have noticed your responses previously & from this my opinion is that you are a very wise person that has come a very long way. In this alone, I would hate to see someone like you lose their way to this very helpful site. It's people like you that have assisted in making it so helpful.

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun