Question
Posted by: Marty | 2004/10/06

Re: Marriage blues - update

Just to thank everyone for your input and advise.

Spoke to my fiance last night, explained to him that I don't feel secure enough in this relationship to get married to him and that I think we should postpone.

He absolutely freaked out for about half an hour, but when he calmed down, he agreed with the things I said and also agreed to go for councelling with me. Said he's scared to death of getting married again after his previous disasterous marriage (which I can understand now that he's discussed it with me!).

If things go well (which I believe it would, since we really do love each other), we'll do the "getting married thing" this time next year. If not, it's just as well that we made this decision!

Will keep you posted. Thanks again & go well.

Marty

Hi Marty,
Thanks for the excellent news. Sounds exactly right. It's always wisest to unpack and deal with one's emotional baggage before marriage, rather than trying to do it afterwards. As you say, ither you'll get married much more happily and confident, or you will ind that that is not to be, but each understand yourselves and relationships better, and be able to avoid similar mistakes in the future. Well done to you both !

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/06

Hi Marty,

Glad you guys have discussed this & come to an agreement about the whole thing. Also glad to see you much more positive. Keep on talking to your partner. I once heard that you should marry a person you enjoy talking to coz when everything else is out of the way, you will have great conversation... Just my 2 cents worth.

Take care, & looking forward to you wedding invitations...

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun