Question
Posted by: Sasa | 2005/12/07

RE: Laparoscopy - posting 15986

Hi guys,

thanks for the responses. I am trying to conceive and my gynae is not able to see anything wrong with me tht's the reason he is proposing this procudure. Does it helps with regards to conceiving or it just check where the problem is.

Thnks

It just checks where the problem is.

3
Posted by: suzy | 2005/12/07

i had a lapscope done in september and it was also to check if all is well and it was. we then did AIH and now i am a month pregnant. it was a little sore, but nothing too major. what my doc also explained is that since we needed to do AIH and it is expensive, there i no point going for it 2 or 3 times and being dissappointed each time and then do the lapscope and find out it's cos there was a blockage or sometting completely repairable cos it is very hearbreaking when you get negative results.

also has your partner been checked out? i was fine and my husband was the "culprit". although he was fertile, the fluid was thick and so the little boys couldn't swim too well so if he hasn't, it's a good idea for him to go for a semenanalysis.

good luck and i promise you it was absolutely worth it!!

Reply to suzy
Posted by: sasa | 2005/12/07

Thanks Struggling, really appreciate it

Reply to sasa
Posted by: Struggling | 2005/12/07

Hi Sasa

I also had a Lap done about a year ago and my Dr told me that it does increase fertility for a while afterwards, but the main reason why your Dr would want to perform one is to see if he can find anything that he can't see on the scan.
My Dr found two fibriods and a blocked fallopian tube when I had mine done.

Good luck,it's really not that bad at all and within a few days its as if you never had surgery.

Struggling

Reply to Struggling