Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2007/06/12

re: kidney stones

Hi! Well, I have had two CT scans in the past week. They both showed kidney stones in both kidneys, but none obstructing. I have been having severe pain, and am now on morphine. The pain is in the fllank area, in the back, and also the pelvic area, all of the pain is on both sides. The urologist today told me that it could be adhesions from my gallbladder removal, and he is referring me to a pain management specialist. He said that pain could also be coming from having several small cysts on my ovaies (I have PCOS). I don't know what is up, and I am nervous. I don't want to be on pain killers forever! He said that he was going to tell the pain specialist that I was having chronic abdominal pain. Any suggestion? I am only 20 years old, and don't want to think of what this means for the rest of my life at this point. Thanks!!

Dear Daisy
Do you have a gynecologist that is treating you for the PCOS? Have they done a laparoscopy to see if you have endometriosis? Maybe a pain specialist will be a good idea as you need a "generalist" doctor that will be willing to look at different systems and possible problems. I agree - you can't be on morphine long term at your age!