Question
Posted by: daisy | 2007/05/14

re: kidney stones

Hello. I went to the urologist today. He said that in the last CT scan, the stone had moved a lot, but since I was still having pain, he was going to operate on Thursday. There is finally an end in sight!! He said that my kidney was swollen, so I will have to have a stent put in. I am still on Flomax. He told me to continue that until the stones were gone. All I think he is worried about is the stone causing the pain, and not the rest of them. I hopefully should be able to live a normal life on Thursday. He said I wasn't getting the lithotripsy, but I don't know which one he is doing. Hopefully ti fixes all of the pain though!!

Hi Daisy
Will be thinking of you! All of the best with the operation!

1
Posted by: Stones | 2007/05/15

Just ask him when he removes the stones to have them sent to a lab for analysis, so that in future you can now avoid stones when you know what kind they are, maybe by diet changes. I suffer from Cystinuria and I could get stones anytime but with watching my diet and drinking urinary alkaliniser I don't develop stones. I had a massive stone 2 years ago, I know the agony. Dont worry the stent is not painfull at all. Good luck.

Reply to Stones