Posted by: daisy | 2007/05/10

re: kidney stones

Do you have to get the antispasmodics through a doctor?? If not, where can I find them? My doctor hasn't been in the office et, because he is supposed to call me today to give me a prescription. I know my dad has something for spasms, but it is prescription, so I don't think I should try them without having a prescription first. All I know is it is really painful. Actually, one thing I have found that helps a lot, is taking 2 percocet, 2 ibuprofen, and then laying down with a rice bag for a few hours. It takes a while to st\art working, but once it works, it is good for a few hours. I just hate the nasty headache it gives off. Is it bad to take that much, or do those two meds interact?? I probably should have asked before I started taking them. I know that Toradol is also an NSAID just like ibuprofen, and naproxen, but which of them is the best to take witht eh percocet to have the least reaction, but still get pain relief from. Right now I am just waiting for my doctor to call me so I can figure out what to do about the pain, but he was supposed to call me yesterday and nbeve did, so I don't know when I will hear form him. Thanks for your advice!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Daisy
Try Hyospasmol or Probanthine or Scopex.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anxious | 2007/05/11

Why aren't you having the lithotripsy treatment? Has your urologist given you an acceptable explanation why you are still being expected to go through this pain? It sounds to me as if you should maybe considering getting the opinion of another urologist. Especially if you are still waithing for a very necessary pain prescription a day later?

Maybe your dad had Buscopan Co. - the ordinary Buscopan you can get OTC but Buscopan Co. you can only get on prescription and it works far better and far quicker. Why couldn't your urologist have got his receptiontist to fax your script to the chemist? Urologists do have breaks between surgery and could easily, I am sure, have phoned your chemist with your urgently needed script!

You need to get your urologist to stop messing you around and fix your problem pronto!

Or go to another urologist.

I have a wonderful, caring urologist and he doens't hesitate to help me out if I contact his rooms, because he knows if I am phoning him its because its urgent and because my gp is away. I don't deal directly with my urologist unless my gp is away - its not necessary.

I have chronic kidney problems and had a kidney stone in 1999 and so I know kidney stone/kidney pain is NO joke and your urologist should know that as well and should be providing you with a satisfactory, prompt form of treatment in dealing with the situation.

As I said previously, keep phoning his rooms and say this is not acceptable, after all who is paying? Or better still (as I might do) go to another urologist.

If you ask me, you should have had this dealt with long ago and should be recovering now, not still suffering in agony!

Reply to anxious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.