Question
Posted by: Julie | 2006/10/30

RE: J update

Hi, My two daxies got stuck last night for the first time but the female was crying something serious, knowing there wasn't much i could do i just rubbed her ears and spoke softly to her, They weren't stuck long at all about 10 minutes, what i want to know is how many times do they have to mate like this before i can send him home and is my baby girl going to cry everytime it breaks my heart hearing her cry. Do i start counting from yesterday to know roughly when she is due or from the last time they mate?
Sorry i know i sound stupid but i just want everything to go right.
Thanks for all the help so far.

A itch can take from one mating but most often they can be mated on alternate days while she will stand. Only your ve will be able to tell you when day 1 is and they will have to take cell samples for a few days to get to see a change indicating day 1. 63 days plus minus about 4 days should give you a rough indication.

6
Posted by: Julie | 2006/11/01

Brilliant Chill, how much do i charge a day, i should deduct laundry expenses aswell while im at it for all the extra washing i have to do.
I think with what i owe them for using the dog and deducting all my expenses we should break even .......hee hee

Reply to Julie
Posted by: Chill | 2006/10/31

Here's a plan: deduct boarding expenses!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Julie | 2006/10/31

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help you have helped me understand and learn a great deal, They cannot take him earlier as their car is broken and they live in Vredenburg, but what annoys me most is he wees everything wet even my bed everything is yellow and the more i wash the stuff the more he pees on it he even weed on my front door but oh well even though im paying them to use their male and feed him and look after him etc i suppose i have to look after him.
We have made a deal that they can either have one pup or the money that we receive for one pup but if their is only one pup we go 50/50 on the money.
Is that a fair deal or not how does this usually work?
I think they being a bit unfair seeing its my brother in laws dog..............hee hee

Reply to Julie
Posted by: j | 2006/10/31

If he has to stay it is one of those things. it does not go about how many matings that take place it depends on the eggs that are fertilized. she may only have 1 baby from this time, they can have can have 4 or 5 and them it can happen that you may have 7. The only reason i mate on the 2 days it is easier for me and then i know my lady is with no other male. she will still be eager but it should tape down anytime from now on and then she will snap at him and get irritated by him and then he will leave her alone. It is unfortunate that they cannot take there male back for your own peace and quiet.

Reply to j
Posted by: Julie | 2006/10/31

Hi J, They got stuck again this morning and i phoned the owner of the male and told her she can come fetch him and she said she can only pick him up in two weeks time, but what i want to know is they are together all day and i was wondering if it is bad for her if they keep mating from now, today is day 13 for her but she is still extremely willing, The other thing i wanted to know is up to how many pups can a daschund have at a time before it becomes dangerous and the reason i ask if its bad if they keep mating is because the more they mate the more pups she will have and i don't want anything to happen to her.

Reply to Julie
Posted by: j | 2006/10/30

Some females do sometimes carry on like this. I will start counting from 2day and I will mate tomorrow and then I would call it a day. I only mate once on the 9 or 11 day and then once on the 13 day so if she is around this time then i would only mate once more and let him go home. I also keep in mind the second mating to watch for the little ones, because it gives me and idea of more or less 60/62 days from 1 and 2nd mating.
But dont be to worried what you did was right to let her know you where there and that is why i stay with them so that they dont pull and hurt the male or turn over and over with the male hurting him. Then you are also sure they mated and they tied for a period of time, but this does not mean she is pregn. I try and avoid her going out to have a wee eee for about 15 mins after the mating so that it gives the sperm a kick start. (Just my idea, dont say i am right, feel that by her squatting some of sperm may come out so i just wait a while then take her out for a wee and then see she has water and let her have a lekker snooooooooze.) all the best

Reply to j